Education Station at The Museum
All year long there are opportunities at the Museum to educate our young people about the railroad heritage of Rosenberg and Texas.. their heritage. We take pleasure in seeing eyes light up when the kids hear a train and experience the joy in being up close in a safe environment.
2015 At the Museum - Planning is on Track... and we'll soon be calling "ALL ABOARD!"
Summer Fun 2015
Every summer we create a special agenda for young railfans! Watch this page for date and time for these special events, and many new ones for 2015!
Model Railroad Camp
Every summer we have a great response for our Junior and Senior Model Railroad Camps! Every year in June we sell out all available spots in both our Junior and Senior Camps. Your young people can have had a wonderful time and learned skills and values that can last a lifetime.
See you next year for more fun!
- Mystery Tea Party on board the "Quebec"
- More special events being planned
- Tigers - the visit/tour of museum meets the 1g Go See It -"go to library, historical society, museum… in your community. Discover how family life was the same and how it was different many years ago."
- Wolf - 4f "Visit an important place in your community, such as a historic or government location. Explain why it is important."
- Bear - Tall Tales Achievement
- Webelos – Work towards the Traveler pin -- Learn to use a map, time table, plan a trip by rail, calculate cost per mile; learn about maps and symbols; safety precautions when traveling.
Pre-School “Beat the Heat series”
Fun one-hour programs that includes a story, a craft and fun activities for Pre-school kids. $5 participating child with adult/$3 for each additional child. Guided tours available after session for $1 off adult regular admission, and kids tour free. (No pre-registration required for tours.)
Museum Photo Policy - The Rosenberg Railroad Museum reserves the right to photograph program participants and visitors. Please be aware that these photos are for the use of the Association only and may be published for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, please notify staff.